Department: Mechanical | Location: Victor, NY
APD is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Victor, NY office. This position will be responsible for the engineering of HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems for retail, restaurant, public infrastructure and facilities, recreation, education and residential, with a heavy emphasis on retail design. Excellent opportunity for growth and advancement.
- Design and analysis of sustainable building systems, Heating, Cooling, Ventilation within a diversity of retail projects (grocery, restaurant, retail stores) healthcare facilities and other buildings.
- Writing of project reports, drawings and specifications.
- Coordinating work with clients and other consultants as well as in-house staff from other disciplines.
- Engaging with contractors for pre-construction and construction support activity.
- Documentation of systems design in software such as Autodesk, Microstation, Revit.
- Engineering analysis work, including load calculations and equipment sizing.
- Trains, develops and mentors team members.
- Performs other duties as required.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 5 plus years’ relevant experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Ability to bring projects to completion with little supervision and complete the QA/QC process.
- Excellent communication skills and experience/proficiency in PC use and application.
- Must be an effective team player and be self-motivated.
- Valid New York State Professional Engineer’s license preferred or being pursued.
- 8 plus years’ relevant experience
- Solid experience with latest version of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficiency in applying requirements of applicable NEC, NFPA, building, and energy codes.
- Ability to work independently with no supervision.
- In possession of, or eligible to obtain, LEED BD+C credentials.