Department: Senior Architect / Project Lead | Location: Victor, NY
APD seeks a Project Lead to work on nationally based commercial/retail projects. Candidate must be highly motivated, possess the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and be detailed oriented. Individual must also have strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
This position requires a candidate with excellent, proactive problem-solving skills. A true go-getter, this individual must have strong communication skills, with a proven track-record of communication with clients, subs and co-workers. Candidates should have a can-do attitude and the ability to multitask. Projects are mainly fast-paced and require exceptional organizational and prioritizing skills. The most successful candidates will also be sticklers for detail and completeness.
A fun office environment, this is an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement.
- Production and coordination of concept floor plans and exterior elevations.
- Preparation and coordination with project sub-consultants to develop construction documents.
- Coordinate submittal of construction documents for governmental review, distribution of bid documents, addenda and construction change directive processing, while adhering to project schedules and budgets.
- Possible mentorship of junior staff.
- BS or pre-professional degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of experience in Architectural practice
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2013 (or newer)
- Ability to bring projects to completion with little, or no, supervision and complete the QA/QC process.
- Experience with site verification, design/planning, documentation, and construction administration
- Experience coordinating Architectural, MEP, Structural and Civil disciplines
- LEEP AP+
- Licensed Architect preferred; LEED AP+
- 7+ years of experience in Architectural practice with 2+ years of Project Management
- Retail and multi-site project experience
- Retail prototype experience
- Experience processing entitlements and permit approvals in jurisdictions throughout the US
- Training and Mentorship skills
- Excellent client coordination and communication skill
- Working knowledge of Revit