Department: Survey | Location: Victor, NY
APD is seeking a Project Surveyor to work in a growing Survey Department. Qualified candidates for the Project Surveyor position must be knowledgeable in Land Surveying for a variety of applications, including: boundary determination, topographic survey, construction layout, FEMA surveys, legal description and exhibits maps, and ALTA NSPS Land Title Surveys. The position requires up-to date knowledge of current field and office technologies, and ability to oversee projects and mentor staff.
- Managing technical aspects of projects from start to finish under the direction and supervision of the Department Manager.
- Coordination of project tasks with field and office staff.
- Managing project workload and schedule, and ensuring quality control for assigned projects.
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of Land Surveying, including boundary determinations, traverse control adjustments, topographic survey mapping, easements, and ALTA NSPS Land Title Surveys.
- Knowledge of and experience with Carslon Survey, Carslon SurvCE, Carlson Photo Capture, and Pictometry, and any other compatible land surveying software products (basically tech savvy).
- Thorough understanding of the use of up-to-date field and office technologies.
- Ability to perform legal research and boundary computations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- 5-10 years of experience in Land Surveying
- Associates degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, or related field preferred
- NYS Professional Land Surveyor license not required, but preferred candidate will have desire to work toward licensure