Department: Mechanical | Location: Victor, NY
APD is seeking a Mechanical Designer (Entry Level) in our Victor, NY office. This position will be responsible for the engineering of HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems for retail, restaurant, public infrastructure and facilities, recreation, education and residential, with a heavy emphasis on retail design. Excellent opportunity for growth and advancement.
- Developing mechanical drawings for construction of HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
- Performing load calculations to determine system sizes.
- Ensuring mechanical, plumbing, energy and NFPA codes and specifications are implemented.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and work in a fast paced consulting environment.
- Performing field visits to document and verify existing equipment and systems.
- Construction administration duties that include: answering RFIs, reviewing submittals and resolving design/coordination issues with contractors.
- Less than 10% travel.
- AS or BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 0-5 years’ experience in HVAC or Plumbing & Fire Protection design.
- One or more years of AutoCAD education, training, or related experience.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT).
- Experience in HVAC or Plumbing & Fire Protection design at an A/E firm
- Exceptionally self-motivated and able to bring projects to completion with minimal supervision.