Department: Architectural | Location: Victor, NY
APD seeks a registered Architect to work on nationally based commercial/retail projects. Candidate must be hands-on in the production efforts and must be experienced with construction documents, specifications and construction administration.
This position requires a candidate with excellent, proactive problem-solving skills. A true go-getter, this individual must have strong communication skills, with a proven track-record of communication with clients, subs and co-workers. Candidates should have a can-do attitude and the ability to multitask. Projects are mainly fast-paced and require exceptional organizational and prioritizing skills. The most successful candidates will also be sticklers for detail and completeness.
A fun office environment, this is an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement
- Mentorship and training of junior architectural staff.
- Manage design and production teams, including sub-consultants, for commercial/retail projects.
- Production and coordination of concept floor plans and exterior elevations.
- Preparation and coordination with project sub-consultants to develop construction documents.
- Coordinate submittal of construction documents for governmental review, distribution of bid documents, addenda and construction change directive processing.
- Adherence to project schedules and budgets.
- 7+ years of experience
- Bachelors’ in Architecture
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2013
- Excellent proactive problem-solving skills
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Possess the ability to multitask
- Exceptional organizational and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail and completeness
- LEEP AP+
- 2+ years of Project Management
- NCARB certification
- Working knowledge of Revit
- Retail and multi-site project experience
- Retail prototype experience