Department: Corporate | Location: Victor, NY
APD is seeking a confident, self-starter to assist our technology department in keeping our nationally based architecture & engineering firm running. The IT Support Specialist candidate we seek must be highly motivated, possess the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently, and be detailed oriented. Individuals must also have strong organizational and prioritizing skills. The technology staff at APD works closely, in a team-based environment, to provide the solutions for our client-serving staff to operate efficiently. If you can manage your individual responsibilities while working together in a collaborative effort with others – you’re the team member we are looking for!
- Level 1 support position with direct interaction with internal architectural and engineering staff.
- Create, document, escalate, and resolve internal issues and problems within our networking environment in a courteous and professional manner.
- Monitor assigned tickets and tasks, and provide service or escalation as necessary.
- Provide desktop, server, and network support (including administering and maintaining end-user accounts, password resets/unlocks, email setup and support, and software installations).
- Deliver technical support over the phone and in-person in our Victor, NY office.
- Perform remote and onsite maintenance and support services.
- Completed or working towards an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Basic understanding of DNS, Firewalls, DHCP, Group Policy, Active Directory, the Internet, and mail flow.
- Working knowledge of computer and networking equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office products.
- Extremely knowledgeable in troubleshooting and resolving workstation-based software issues.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and manage & own issues through resolution.
- 2+ years of experience in networking support.
- Working knowledge with remote access utilities, Linux systems, anti-virus systems, or Commvault backup solutions.