Department: Electrical | Location: Victor, NY
APD is seeking a licensed (PE) Electrical Engineer in our Victor, NY office. This position will be responsible for the engineering of electrical systems for retail, restaurant, public infrastructure and facilities, recreation, education, and residential, with a heavy emphasis on multi-site retail design, including restaurants.
- Design of electrical systems using CAD for a variety of projects.
- Develop construction drawings suitable for the public bidding of electrical systems.
- Perform load calculations to determine building service size, power distribution, voltage drops, wiring size, lighting, and emergency power systems.
- Populate panel schedules, and generate risers and single-line diagrams.
- Work closely with the entire design team to coordinate Mechanical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems for power requirements.
- Ensure NEC, energy and NFPA codes and specifications are implemented.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and work in a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Perform field visits to document and verify existing equipment and systems.
- Construction administration duties that include: answering RFIs, reviewing submittals, and resolving design/coordination issues with contractors.
- Prepare due diligence and feasibility reports.
- Attend meetings with other consultants.
- Comply with group and company standards and procedures.
- Professional Engineering (PE) License in at least one state.
- Ability to get NCEES.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years’ experience in electrical design with knowledge of power distribution, fire alarm, data & communications, lighting, and emergency power systems.
- Ability to bring projects to completion with no supervision and complete the QA/QC process.
- Excellent communication skills and experience/proficiency in PC use and application.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in multiple states.
- NCEES certified.
- BS or Masters in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Previous design experience with a MEP engineering consultant.
- 10+ years’ experience in electrical design with in-depth knowledge of power distribution, fire alarm, data & communications, lighting and emergency power systems.
- Solid experience with latest version of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficiency in applying requirements of applicable NEC, NFPA, building, and energy codes.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to supervise and manage a department, including budgeting, business development, and management of staff.
- In possession of, or eligible to obtain LEED BD+C credentials.