Department: Electrical | Location: Victor, NY
APD is seeking an Electrical Designer / Engineer in our Victor, NY office. This position will be responsible for the engineering of electrical systems for retail, restaurant, public infrastructure and facilities, recreation, education and residential, with a heavy emphasis on retail design. Excellent opportunity for growth and advancement.
- Design of electrical systems using CAD for a variety of projects.
- Develop construction drawings suitable for the public bidding of electrical systems.
- Perform load calculations to determine building service size, power distribution, voltage drops, wiring size, lighting, and emergency power systems.
- Work closely with the entire design team to coordinate Mechanical, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems for power requirements.
- Ensure NEC, energy and NFPA codes and specifications are implemented.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and work in a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Perform field visits to document and verify existing equipment and systems.
- Less than 10% travel.
- AS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 5 plus years’ experience in design of electrical systems.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Ability to bring projects to completion with little supervision and complete the QA/QC process.
- Excellent communication skills and experience/proficiency in PC use and application.
- PE or EIT
- BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 5 plus years’ relevant experience in design of electrical systems for construction projects.
- Solid experience with latest version of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficiency in applying requirements of applicable NEC, NFPA, building, and energy codes.
- Ability to work independently with no supervision.