Licensed PE – Electrical Engineer
APD is seeking an Electrical Designer / Engineer. This position will be responsible for the engineering of electrical systems for retail, restaurant, public infrastructure and facilities, recreation, education and residential, with a heavy emphasis on retail design. Excellent opportunity for growth and advancement.
- Develop construction drawings suitable for the public bidding of electrical systems.
- Perform load calculations to determine building service size, power distribution, voltage drops, wiring size, lighting, and emergency power systems.
- Populate panel schedules, generate risers and single line diagrams.
- Ability to coordinate with Mechanical, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems for power requirements.
- Ensure NEC, energy and NFPA codes and specifications are implemented.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and work in a fast paced consulting environment.
- Perform field visits to document and verify existing equipment and systems.
- Construction administration duties that include: answering RFIs, reviewing submittals and resolving design/coordination issues with contractors.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in at least one state.
- Ability to get NCEES.
- AS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years’ experience in electrical design with knowledge of power distribution, fire alarm, data & communications, lighting and emergency power systems.
- Ability to bring projects to completion with no supervision and complete the QA/QC process.
- Excellent communication skills and experience/proficiency in PC use and application.
- Willingness to mentor junior level staff.
- One or more years of AutoCAD education, training, or related experience.
- NCEES certification.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in multiple states.
- BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Previous design experience with an MEP engineering consultant.
- 10+ years’ experience in electrical design with in-depth knowledge of power distribution, fire alarm, data & communications, lighting and emergency power systems.
- Solid experience with latest version of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficiency in applying requirements of applicable NEC, NFPA, building, and energy codes.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to supervise and manage a department, including budgeting, business development and management of staff.
- In possession of, or eligible to obtain, LEED BD+C credentials.
APD is where you want to be!
APD offers a strong benefits package including health insurance, professional development, paid time off, 401(k) and much more. APD provides multidisciplinary design and engineering solutions to the private and public sectors. We apply our distinct approach to projects in retail, restaurant, public infrastructure and facilities, recreation, education, and residential. If you desire to be challenged and rewarded for your efforts, we invite you to consider APD Engineering and Architecture.
To apply submit your resume and cover letter to Beth Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.